Hello Friday! Cant believe its already Friday! How do you put a delicious and quick dinner on the table in less than an hour? I think a Pasta dinner is the easiest and quick to whip up.
This is the first time I made pesto with a combination of basil and peanuts. I know this sounds like an odd combination but believe me it turned out to be pretty tasty. I love making pesto sauce at home as it can be made in under 15 mins without cooking and with few ingredients.
My daughter is a big fan of Pesto Cavattapi from Noodles and Company. So I decided to make pasta at home instead of getting it from the restaurant.
First I cooked the pasta according to package instructions. While pasta was cooking I started making the pesto.
I first washed the basil leaves thoroughly. I do not like the pungent smell of raw garlic so I fried the garlic in some olive oil and then added it to the food processor. Then pulsed peanuts and garlic together. Then added the basil leaves and pulsed again. Then added the cheese and olive oil in the end. Add lemon juice and salt as per taste.
Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, some minced garlic and saute till the oil seperates. Then add the tomatoes and saute for 1 min or if you like them fully cooked go ahead and cook them for a little longer. Then add the pasta and the pesto sauce. Toss and mix well.
- For the pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked pasta (I used cavatappi)
- Some parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of the pasta.
- Fry the garlic in some olive oil and then add it to the food processor.
- Pulse peanuts and garlic together.
- Add the basil leaves and pulse again.
- Add the cheese and olive oil in the end. Add lemon juice and salt as per taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, some minced garlic and saute till the oil seperates.
- Then add the tomatoes and saute for 1 min or if you like them fully cooked go ahead and cook them till fully cooked.
- Then add the pasta and the pesto sauce. Toss and mix well.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.