It is peak of summer and quite warm here in Wisconsin. All this warm and humid weather has me wanting more and more ice cold beverage and what could be better than ice chilled milkshake. I wouldn’t mind having creamy milkshake everyday, to beat the heat. So I decided to make a chocolate milkshake using almond milk instead of the regular milk. The combination of cocoa powder, bananas, almond milk, almond butter and dates to make this a very rich and creamy chocolate milkshake.
You can also make it by adding milk instead of the almond milk.
- 1 medium banana, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop the bananas and freeze them.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Serve cool in your favorite glass with or without ice.