Lassi is a popular Indian yogurt drink. It can be sweet and savory per consumers choice, both are equally popular.
It could be flavored with spices, fruits and nuts as well. If you are not really counting calories and prefer rich and creamy it can be made thick by blending yogurt, creme and sugar. It can also be more healthier low calorie version.
My personal choice is healthier version in which you can be light on cream and use agave nectar instead of sugar. If you would like to make this drink rich use more cream per your liking while blending the lassi.
Lassies can be a cool and refreshing drink on hot summer days. Flavor choices could me mango, strawberry etc. in addition to the more traditional plain version.Following is the recipe of strawberry lassi.
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 11/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add strawberries to a blender and puree it. Then add agave nectar and blend again.
- Then add yogurt, milk and cream and blend again.
- Add water if you need. Add rose water and blend again.
- Serve cold topped with chopped strawberries.