I have always been a big fan of mini desserts. I like mini desserts as overindulgence is very unlikely to happen. I know I know we always have excuses to indulge in food, now and then, but I think making and serving small portions of dessert is a good way to avoid all the unwanted calories we are putting in our bodies, while not completely sacrificing the foods we love.
Strawberry and chocolate ganache dessert is very easy and fun to make. The base of this dessert are small pieces of brownies covered with chocolate ganache, then a layer of fresh or frozen strawberry slices and a final layer of whipped vanilla cream and again a layer of fresh sliced strawberries. Touch of strawberry gives a touch of freshness in the dessert you like. For this recipe I used a store bought brownie mix to make the base.
- ½ box of brownie mix
- 1 cup fresh/ frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup chocolate ganache
- 1 /2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- Bake the brownies according to the package instructions.
- Cut in small pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Mix the sliced strawberries and sugar in a separate and keep aside for 10 mins. Strain the juices and set the strawberries aside.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream in a bowl of electric mixer or with the help of a hand mixer, till it becomes thick.
- Then add sugar and vanilla extract and beat till it becomes of a piping consistency.
- Fill a pipping bag, fitted with a star nozzle, with the whipped cream.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on the brownies.
- Add a layer of strawberries followed by a layer of whipped cream.
- Garnish with sliced of strawberries. Repeat the layers of whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
You can get the chocolate ganache recipe here