Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
Its Valentine’s day today and I am presenting a healthy snack recipe which is not a desert but a very easy to make and delicious snack.
Hara bhara kebab is one of my fav appetizers.
Whenever we go to a restaurant, hara bhara kebab is and always be my absolute must order appetizer!
Its made of blanched and pureed spinach, boiled potatoes, green chilis and cornflour(optional).
I also added other spices like garam masala, chat masala and little amchur powder for its tangy taste. All these spices are easily available in Indian/ Asian stores.
These can be stored in the refrigerator for 6 months to 1 year.
- 2 cups spinach, blanched & pureed
- 2 thai green chilis, ground to a paste
- 1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
- Blanched green peas, ½ cup
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/ all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder
- Salt to taste
- Cashews for garnishing
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Oil as needed
- Blanch and puree the spinach.
- Add the green chili paste, boiled potatoes, green peas and all the spices, flour and salt.
- Mix well and make small balls of the mixture.
- Flatten the balls and set aside.
- Heat a flat pan and add oil.
- Spread the oil on the pan.
- Place the flattened balls on the pan.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown
- Garnish with cashews and cilantro.
- Serve hot with ketchup.