Learning new things is fun! After coming to US, I tried Mexican food for the first time.
As I have mentioned in my previous posts, I love Mexican food especially because it tastes like Indian food.
The first time I tasted Veggie Quesadilla, I liked it but thought I could make a better tasting Quesadilla by indianizing it.
The next day, I actually made an Indian Veggie Quesadilla by making few changes to the recipe. In this recipe I grilled all the vegetables which we normally add in pavbhaji, like green peppers which is a must in Pavbhaji, onions and tomatoes. I also added some pavbhaii masala to make it more tasty.
The only vegetable which I didn’t add is potatoes because I was not sure if it would taste that good.
So here is the recipe for Quick Veggie Quesadilla Indian Style!! Wonder why Indian style is written in different colors?…. because these are the tri colors of the Indian Flag!
- Butter, salted/ unsalted as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic/ garlic salt
- Salt as needed
- Sliced jalapenos according to taste(optional)
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Wheat / any medium size Tortillas
- Sour Cream, as per liking
- Chopped cilantro, as per liking
- Heat the grill. I used my small grill pan for grilling the veggies.
- Lightly grease the pan with oil.
- Sprinkle the veggies with garlic/ normal salt and pav bhaji masala.
- Grill all the veggies on medium heat.
- Remove veggies and set side.
- Clean the pan and heat it again. You can also use a panini maker for this.
- Add ½ tbsp butter in the pan.
- Layer the tortilla with veggies, cheese and cilantro and place other tortilla on the top.
- Grill on one side and then on the other.
- Cut in wedges and serve with sour cream.