Whether you plan to cover your whole cake or just decorate cup cakes Chocolate Ganache can be used on both. Chocolate Ganache is a mixture of dark chocolate and heavy cream. It can be made in many ways but this is the simplest way.
I used raspberries to decorate my cupcakes but you can complete your cup cakes with toppings of your liking.
- Chocolate Ganache Cup cakes2015-01-23 16:57:39Bite sized Dark chocolate cup cakes topped with rich, indulgent, easy to make chocolate ganache.Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 1/4 cups Self rising flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- For Ganache
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or any good quality dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line the cup cake pans with baking cups.
- Sift the flour in a separate bowl.
- Beat the butter on medium speed, till fluffy, in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add sugar till well incorporated. Then add eggs one at a time.
- Add milk and vanilla on medium speed.
- Reduce to low speed and add 1/2 the flour, mix and then add rest of the flour and cocoa powder.
- Beat on medium speed till it becomes smooth and creamy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter in the baking cups and bake for 20 to 30 mins, checking every 10 mins.
- Once done transfer to a cooling rack.
In the kitchen with Shweta http://inthekitchenwithshweta.com/
- Heat the cream till it simmers, on a stove top or in a microwave.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water.
- Once the chocolate melts, add the cream and mix well using a spoon or whisk.
- Allow it to cool. At this stage the ganache can be poured on a cake.
- For a pipping consistency, let the ganache cool and whisk again till it thickens.
- Fill a pipping bag, fitted with a star nozzle, with the ganache and decorate your cup cakes in swirls. Decorate cup cakes with fresh fruit or other decorations.