Juicy blueberries are one of my favorite fruits to add in my baking. I usually buy at least one pack of blueberries but last time when I went for shopping I bought two packs of fresh blueberries with plan of making muffins in my mind. And later completely forgot about them until I found them hiding behind a big watermelon in my refrigerator. I instantly knew what I was going to make for brunch. Yes blueberry muffins!
These delicious blueberry muffins are my favorite brunch items cause they are quick and easy to whip up and my family and I m totally addicted to these light, fluffy, and moist muffins. Here I have used fresh blueberries but you are welcome to use frozen blueberries if, fresh berries are not available.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh/ frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- ¾ milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Line the muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a bowl of electric mixer start beating egg at medium speed.
- Gradually add milk and then butter and sugar. Beat till sugar is incorporated in the mixture.
- Add vanilla extract. Slowly add the dry mixture in 3 batches, beating on medium speed.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the ⅔ lined muffin cups with the above prepared batter.
- Bake for 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.